Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Lilly + Home Decor = Florida Fabulous



Anyone that knows me and has been to my home knows I absolutely love and cannot get enough of COLOR! One thing I relish about living in Florida is not having to excuse yourself for accessorizing in funky bold colors and textiles. Old Florida represents all things pastel, palmy, sunny and border-line vintage tacky (think of the old Florida postcards from mid-20th century our Grandmothers kept in a photo album). One of my iconic design guru's of fashion would have to be Lilly Pulitzer. Lilly who moved to southern Florida from New York in the 1950's along with her husband, transcended Florida fashion into a colorful frenzy, and til this day has many of followers, mostly up and down the Atlantic east coast. I had to pinch myself when I came across the introduction of Neiman Marcus' Lilly Pulitzer home decor debut this Summer. Chic and bold furniture pieces, shiny lacqured chairs, dining and vanity tables are for sale for those who dare to furnish in the fresh and unafraid. My personal favorite....Lilly's Yellow Barstools.


No comments:

Post a Comment